To determine the effect of internet's effect on teenagers.
- addictive behavior can exist in internet usage
- teenager more likely to use the internet to get product information, to purchase items, to read news, and to view sexually-oriented materials.
- use te internet to play games, to listen to music, and to meet new people
- for such people, work, friends, family, and sleep are replaced by a virtual world of chat rooms and games.
- they neglect other important activities such as work, family and friends, or socializing in general to surf the internet.
- estimates were based upon the no of hours spent "surfing the internet"for pleasure or personal interest (e.g. personal e-mail, scanning news groups, playing interactive games) rather than academic or employment related purposes.
- effect on human culture ( Addiction Disorder)